|Understanding and Managing Sexually problematic/harmful behaviours within Education Settings (Online)|
|Target Audience |
This course is for experienced designated safeguarding staff in educational settings who have had the requisite training, knowledge and skills to undertake the role of designated (or deputy designated) safeguarding lead within their setting and for those in Education safeguarding support services
The aim of this 1 day AIM education course is to increase awareness and confidence of designated safeguarding leads in schools and colleges and education support staff in identifying, responding to and managing problematic and harmful sexual behaviours exhibited by children and young people
• Provide delegates with information from research and practice.
• Provide delegates with information of the legal roles and professional responsibilities in the context of children and young people exhibiting harmful sexual behaviour.
• Demonstrate how the AIM checklists can support practice for developing an understanding of sexual behaviours and keeping them in perspective.
• Provide a template for a risk assessment and management plan (RAMP) within the education setting.
• Consider specific management issues in education, such as supervision, exclusions, supporting the victim, dealing with internet/social media etc.
• Look at appropriate individual work in education settings